grsecurity users?
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz
2011-11-17 18:34:21 UTC

I wonder if we have grsecurity users that use pld kernels?

Asking because there was an idea of dropping grsec from default kernel which
can happen iif we have no users of this feature.

I'm using one or two tiny features of grsec kernel and I can live without
these. zbyniu AFAIK uses grsec but he doesn't use pld kernels, so that doesn't
count. Don't know other grsec pld users.
--
Arkadiusz Mi?kiewicz PLD/Linux Team
arekm / maven.pl http://ftp.pld-linux.org/
Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz
2011-11-19 09:55:53 UTC
W dniu 17 listopada 2011 20:03 u?ytkownik Tomasz Pala
CONFIG_GRKERNSEC_PROC_USERGROUP=y
CONFIG_GRKERNSEC_PROC_GID=17
Without this one day people will hit exposed process data. That's my
only concern, but personally I don't need it either.
this is the only reason I use grsec, and I'll use it even if it means I
have to use older kernel
Ok, so lets create feature set that needs to be in grsec-minimal. So far we
have this one:

CONFIG_GRKERNSEC_PROC_USERGROUP=y

Any others?
anyway, maybe - question should be send to pld-users not only devels?
Look closely at initial email.