setting a timezone
John P. Looney
2005-12-20 17:03:32 UTC
I thought it would be /etc/sysconfig/timezone, however this contains;

ZONE_INFO_DIR="/usr/share/zoneinfo"
ZONE_INFO_SCHEME="posix"
ZONE_INFO_AREA="Europe"
TIME_ZONE="Eire"

And $TZ in shell is empty. It seems I'm set to UTC all the time. Should I
just put "export TZ=Eire" into /etc/profile, and leave it at that ?

John
--
_______________________________________
John Looney Chief Scientist
www.antefacto.com f: +353 1 8586014
Tomasz Kłoczko
2005-12-20 17:03:32 UTC
Post by John P. Looney
I thought it would be /etc/sysconfig/timezone, however this contains;
ZONE_INFO_DIR="/usr/share/zoneinfo"
ZONE_INFO_SCHEME="posix"
ZONE_INFO_AREA="Europe"
TIME_ZONE="Eire"
And $TZ in shell is empty. It seems I'm set to UTC all the time. Should I
just put "export TZ=Eire" into /etc/profile, and leave it at that ?
This data are used for setting up on boot /etc/localtime symlink. IIRC
this fits all what is necessary for setup default system time zone. If
someone want use other zone other than default must setup in private
~/.profile TZ variable.

kloczek
*Ludzie nie maj? problem?w, tylko sobie sami je stwarzaj?*
Tomasz K?oczko, sys adm @zie.pg.gda.pl|*e-mail: ***@rudy.mif.pg.gda.pl*