Perl-RPM rpm
Chris Garrigues
2005-12-20 17:03:31 UTC
I'm gradually migrating from a redhat-based configuration to a PLD-based
configuration. I just updated RPM to rpm-4.0.2-12.

I'm finding one minor problem. I've been using Perl-RPM and it now gets this
message occasionally:

perl: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/i386-pld-linux/5.6.1/auto/RPM/RPM.so: undefined symbol: rpmError

Since this only comes up when something is wrong, it's not a fatal error, but
it is pretty annoying. I tried rebuilding the Perl-RPM rpm, but I get this:

.
.
.
gcc -c -I/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/Perl-RPM-0.29 -I/usr/include/rp -fno-strict-aliasing -O2 -march=i386 -DVERSION=\"0.29\" -DXS_VERSION=\"0.29\" -fPIC -I/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i386-pld-linux/CORE -DRPM_MAJOR=4 -DRPM_MINOR=0 -DRPM_PATCH=2 RPM/Header.c -o RPM/Header.o
Header.xs: In function `new_from_fd_t':
Header.xs:192: `RPMERR_READERROR' undeclared (first use in this function)
Header.xs:192: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
Header.xs:192: for each function it appears in.)
Header.xs: In function `rpmhdr_FIRSTKEY':
Header.xs:853: warning: passing arg 4 of `headerNextIterator' from incompatible pointer type
Header.xs:855: warning: passing arg 4 of `headerNextIterator' from incompatible pointer type
Header.xs: In function `rpmhdr_NEXTKEY':
Header.xs:885: warning: passing arg 4 of `headerNextIterator' from incompatible pointer type
make: *** [RPM/Header.o] Error 1

Any thoughts?

Chris
--
Chris Garrigues http://www.DeepEddy.Com/~cwg/
virCIO http://www.virCIO.Com

My email address is an experiment in SPAM elimination. For an
explanation of what we're doing, see http://www.DeepEddy.Com/tms.html

Nobody ever got fired for buying Microsoft,
but they could get fired for relying on Microsoft.

Post by Chris Garrigues
I'm gradually migrating from a redhat-based configuration to a PLD-based
configuration. I just updated RPM to rpm-4.0.2-12.
Intersting :_)

[..]
Post by Chris Garrigues
Header.xs:885: warning: passing arg 4 of `headerNextIterator' from incompatible pointer type
make: *** [RPM/Header.o] Error 1
Any thoughts?
We known about this and this cause why perl-RPM isn't present on
ftp.pld.org.pl in main hierarhy. Above probaly is perl(RPM) module problem
or some other on border between perl 5.6.1 and perl(RPM) module. I'm not
investigate yet this problet but pldnotify.awk script says for me:

[SPECS]$ ./pldnotify.awk perl-RPM.spec
perl-RPM(12) [OLD] 0.30 [NEW] 0.31

and potentialy try upgrade to newer source can fix this. Anyway if this
can't cure above any bug raports must be send on first to perl(RPM) module
maintainer using latest version.

kloczek
*Ludzie nie maj? problem?w, tylko sobie sami je stwarzaj?*
Tomasz K?oczko, sys adm @zie.pg.gda.pl|*e-mail: ***@rudy.mif.pg.gda.pl*
Chris Garrigues
2005-12-20 17:03:31 UTC
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 00:48:35 +0200 (CEST)
Post by Chris Garrigues
make: *** [RPM/Header.o] Error 1
Any thoughts?
We known about this and this cause why perl-RPM isn't present on
ftp.pld.org.pl in main hierarhy. Above probaly is perl(RPM) module problem
or some other on border between perl 5.6.1 and perl(RPM) module. I'm not
[SPECS]$ ./pldnotify.awk perl-RPM.spec
perl-RPM(12) [OLD] 0.30 [NEW] 0.31
and potentialy try upgrade to newer source can fix this. Anyway if this
can't cure above any bug raports must be send on first to perl(RPM) module
maintainer using latest version.
It turns out that the RPM available at

http://www.blackperl.com/Perl-RPM/

works without a hitch.

Chris
--
Chris Garrigues http://www.DeepEddy.Com/~cwg/
virCIO http://www.virCIO.Com
4314 Avenue C
Austin, TX 78751-3709 +1 512 374 0500

My email address is an experiment in SPAM elimination. For an
explanation of what we're doing, see http://www.DeepEddy.Com/tms.html

Nobody ever got fired for buying Microsoft,
but they could get fired for relying on Microsoft.

On Thu, 10 May 2001, Chris Garrigues wrote:
[..]
Post by Chris Garrigues
Post by Tomasz Kłoczko
and potentialy try upgrade to newer source can fix this. Anyway if this
can't cure above any bug raports must be send on first to perl(RPM) module
maintainer using latest version.
It turns out that the RPM available at
http://www.blackperl.com/Perl-RPM/
works without a hitch.
Thanks

Yes. I just made update to 0.31 and seems it is good.
Updated package is jus avalaible on ftp.