iso
Lukas Dobrek
2005-12-20 17:03:32 UTC
Am I stupid? I've downloaded yesterday iso from fpt://.../iso/1.0/i686/*

The problem is that packages which in my opinion are the most important
like glibc-2.* are not there? I can see glibc-devel glibc-static
glibc-memusage whatever but there is no glibc. The same story with
perl python and so on. Am I missing something ?

Take Care
Lukasz
--
?ukasz Dobrek
An optimist believes that we live in the best of all possible worlds.
A pessimist is sure that this must be so.
wrobell
2005-12-20 17:03:32 UTC
Post by Lukas Dobrek
Am I stupid? I've downloaded yesterday iso from fpt://.../iso/1.0/i686/*
The problem is that packages which in my opinion are the most important
like glibc-2.* are not there? I can see glibc-devel glibc-static
glibc-memusage whatever but there is no glibc. The same story with
perl python and so on. Am I missing something ?
Are you missing first cd?

wrobell <***@ite.pl>
Tomek Orzechowski
2005-12-20 17:03:32 UTC
Post by wrobell
Post by Lukas Dobrek
Am I stupid? I've downloaded yesterday iso from fpt://.../iso/1.0/i686/*
The problem is that packages which in my opinion are the most important
like glibc-2.* are not there? I can see glibc-devel glibc-static
glibc-memusage whatever but there is no glibc. The same story with
perl python and so on. Am I missing something ?
Are you missing first cd?
FYI:
first is -base.iso
second is -1.iso
Tomek Orzechowski
Lukas Dobrek
2005-12-20 17:03:32 UTC
Post by wrobell
Post by Lukas Dobrek
Am I stupid? I've downloaded yesterday iso from fpt://.../iso/1.0/i686/*
The problem is that packages which in my opinion are the most important
like glibc-2.* are not there? I can see glibc-devel glibc-static
glibc-memusage whatever but there is no glibc. The same story with
perl python and so on. Am I missing something ?
Are you missing first cd?
Hmm it look like. I am indeed stupid. It was late yesterday. Sorry
I could figured it out just be reading what is writen. I got confuse
by numbers and the beleawe that we have 2 cds not 3.

Lukasz
wrobell
2005-12-20 17:03:32 UTC
Post by Lukas Dobrek
Post by wrobell
Post by Lukas Dobrek
Am I stupid? I've downloaded yesterday iso from fpt://.../iso/1.0/i686/*
The problem is that packages which in my opinion are the most important
like glibc-2.* are not there? I can see glibc-devel glibc-static
glibc-memusage whatever but there is no glibc. The same story with
perl python and so on. Am I missing something ?
Are you missing first cd?
Hmm it look like. I am indeed stupid. It was late yesterday. Sorry
I could figured it out just be reading what is writen. I got confuse
by numbers and the beleawe that we have 2 cds not 3.
don't worry, I was misled sometime ago, too :-\

wrobell <***@ite.pl>
Michal Kochanowicz
2005-12-20 17:03:32 UTC
Post by wrobell
don't worry, I was misled sometime ago, too :-\
And I also know some guy make same mistake. Meybe we should change CD
names to CD-1, CD-2, CD-3. Current naming scheme is obviously
misleasing.
--
--= Michal Kochanowicz==--==--==BOFH==--==--==***@michal.waw.pl =--
--= finger me for PGP public key or visit http://michal.waw.pl/PGP =--
A chodzenie po g?rach SSIE!!!
Artur Frysiak
2005-12-20 17:03:32 UTC
Post by Michal Kochanowicz
Post by wrobell
don't worry, I was misled sometime ago, too :-\
And I also know some guy make same mistake. Meybe we should change CD
names to CD-1, CD-2, CD-3. Current naming scheme is obviously
misleasing.
CD-0, CD-1, CD2 is better :-)

Regards
--
Artur Frysiak
http://www.pld.org.pl/
Michal Kochanowicz
2005-12-20 17:03:32 UTC
Post by Artur Frysiak
CD-0, CD-1, CD2 is better :-)
Maybe you're right. I was wandering for what number one will look when
he needs *first* CD. And I tought it is *one* :)
A chodzenie po g?rach SSIE!!!
Lukas Dobrek
2005-12-20 17:03:32 UTC
Post by Michal Kochanowicz
Post by Artur Frysiak
CD-0, CD-1, CD2 is better :-)
Maybe you're right. I was wandering for what number one will look when
he needs *first* CD. And I tought it is *one* :)
I think cd-1 cd-2 cd-3 is better. I look for first cd, hence my mistake.

Lukasz