Search RPMs for files using poldek
Dirk Ullrich
2006-06-27 15:49:57 UTC

when I want to find out which RPM provides a given file <foo>,
I can issue a search interactivley using poldek by:
poldek> search -f <foo>
Is there a possibility to do such a search non-interactively?

Dirk
Marek Guevara Braun
2006-06-27 16:56:52 UTC
Post by Dirk Ullrich
when I want to find out which RPM provides a given file <foo>,
poldek> search -f <foo>
Is there a possibility to do such a search non-interactively?
poldek --cmd 'search -f *foo*'

Regards,
Marek
Artur Frysiak
2006-06-27 17:23:26 UTC
Post by Marek Guevara Braun
Post by Dirk Ullrich
when I want to find out which RPM provides a given file <foo>,
poldek> search -f <foo>
Is there a possibility to do such a search non-interactively?
poldek --cmd 'search -f *foo*'
ipoldek rsearch -f /foo/

Regards
--
Artur Frysiak
http://pld-linux.org/
Kamil
2006-06-27 18:26:09 UTC
Post by Artur Frysiak
ipoldek rsearch -f /foo/
Thanks!:D

For me the best is:
ipoldek -q search -f *foo*
Pozdrawiam, Kamil
Dirk Ullrich
2006-06-29 15:54:44 UTC
Hi, all,
thank you very much for all the tipps. They suggest that poldek seems
to have at least one thing in common with Perl:
There's always more than one way to do it.

For sheer curiosity I've explored the relationship of "poldek" and
"ipoldek" a bit. It seems to me that "ipoldek" (or, since "/usr/bin/ipoldek"
is a symlink to "/usr/bin/poldek", the calling of the "poldek" binary as
"ipoldek") is somethoing like an interactive variant of "poldek" with:

1. ipoldek has a set of commands which can used both
a. interactively--in the (i)poldek shell mode after calling "polek"; or
b. in batch mode by calling "ipoldek <cmd>" where <cmd> is
any "ipoldek" command.

2. poldek's native command set is more 'rpm-like', but every
ipoldek's command can by used either:
a. interactively--in the poldek shell mode after calling "poldek"; or
b. in batch mode by "poldek --cmd <cmd>".

Is this correct?

Dirk

P.S. poldek is really a nice tool.